Getting a test will help provide a more accurate picture of cases in Kent and will help reduce the spread of the virus locally.
Key workers and residents living in areas that have a high number of cases, without coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms, can use this form to book a test.
Who can get a symptom-free test
You take a symptom-free test you must:
- live or work in Kent
- be 5 years old or over
- have no COVID-19 symptoms
- not have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 90 days.
Do not book a test if you are self-isolating or have any of the following symptoms:
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- loss or change of smell or taste.
Most people with coronavirus have at least 1 of these symptoms.
View more coronavirus symptoms.
If you do have coronavirus symptoms book a NHS test.
Your test appointment
If you develop coronavirus symptoms, do not attend your test appointment. Use the link in your confirmation email or text to cancel your appointment.
Do not arrive more than 15 minutes before your appointment.
You must check in when you arrive at the test centre. Our staff will explain how to do this.
You must wear a face covering, unless you are exempt.
Follow social distancing guidance.
What you’ll need to bring with you
You will need to bring:
- your mobile phone
- your booking confirmation
- proof of identity (photo ID) or proof of address with your name on.
You will not be admitted without this proof.
What the test involves
The test involves taking a swab of the inside of your nose and the back of your throat (tonsil), using a long cotton bud.
You will do the swab yourself in a booth. The booths will be cleaned after each use.
After your test
You should get your result within 2 hours of completing the test, through the contact details you supply. You should not stay at the testing centre.
If you test negative, you can take your next test in 2 weeks. You must book your next test using this form.
If you test positive, you will need to self-isolate for 10 days. You must take a home test to confirm the result. Other people in your household should isolate for 14 days.
Testing centre locations
The testing centres are at:
- Ashford - Ashford North Youth Centre, Mabledon Avenue, TN24 8BJ
- Ashford - Unit 1 Eurogate Business Park, Thomson Rd, Ashford TN24 8XW
- Canterbury - Sidney Cooper Gallery, 22-23 St Peter's St, Canterbury CT1 2BQ
- Canterbury - The Herne Centre, School Lane, Herne, Herne Bay, Kent CT6 7AP
- Dartford - Fairfield Leisure Centre, Lowfield Street, Dartford DA1 1JB
- Dartford - Swanscombe Leisure Centre Craylands Lane, DA10 0LP
- Dover - Dover Discovery Centre, York St CT16 1PH
- Dover - The Guildhall, Sandwich, Kent CT13 9AH
- Folkestone and Hythe - Folkestone Library. 2 Grace Hill, Folkestone CT20 1HD
- Folkestone and Hythe - Hawkinge Community Centre, Heron Forstal Avenue, Hawkinge, Folkestone CT18 7FP
- Gravesham - Conservative Club Gravesend, 193 Parrock St, Gravesend DA12 1EW
- Gravesham - Northfleet Youth Club, Hall Road, Gravesend DA11 8AJ
- Maidstone - Kent Showground, Detling ME14 3JF
- Maidstone - Sessions House, County Hall, Maidstone ME14 1XQ
- Sevenoaks - Swanley Youth Club, St Mary's Road BR8 7BU
- Sevenoaks - Bat and Ball Centre, Cramptons Road, Sevenoaks TN14 5DN
- Swale - Kemsley Community Centre, Ridham Avenue, Kemsley ME10 2SF
- Swale - Sheerness East Working Mens’ Club and Institute, 47 Queenborough Road, Halfway, Sheerness, Kent , ME12 3BZ
- Thanet - Terminal Building, Ramsgate Port, Military Road, Ramsgate, CT11 9FT
- Thanet - The Centre, Birchington, Alpha Rd, Birchington CT7 9EG
- Tonbridge and Malling - Larkfield Library Martin Square, Larkfield, ME20 6QW
- Tonbridge and Malling - The Dray, The Hop Farm, Maidstone Road, Paddock Wood, Beltring, Tonbridge TN12 6PY
- Tunbridge Wells - Assembly Hall Theatre, Crescent Rd, Tunbridge Wells TN1 2LU
- Tunbridge Wells - Vestry Hall Cranbrook TN17 3HA.
Opening hours: 9am to 7pm, Monday to Sunday.
If you're driving, please park considerately, especially in residential areas.
Before you book
You must book a separate appointment for each member of your household that needs a test.
To book a test you must:
- confirm you're eligible
- confirm you do not have coronavirus symptoms
- provide your name, date of birth, postcode and contact details.
For more information about how we'll use and process your data read our privacy notice.
Please note that whilst you will be notified of your result by text/email (to the details you provide when registering on the GOV.UK website just before your test) it will not include a certificate to enable you to travel.
If you have any queries please email us on ASTHQ@kent.gov.uk